Chikmagalur, Shanthi Kunnj Homestay
Imagine living in a luxurious log cabin, a river gushing by. All in the midst of a tranquil coffee estate, enveloped amidst mighty mountain ranges carpeted with lush evergreen forests.
That's Shanthi Kunnj for you. Harmoniously blending the best features of a luxury resort and the wilderness of a jungle lodge, while giving you the lighthearted informality of home stay.
Come, enjoy the hospitality of Chikmagalur. Experience the goodies we have in store for you.
Near kadabagere, Chikmagalur
Dining Room Service Hot Water Parking Nearby Trekking Estate/Plantation Fishing Water Sports Nature Trails Bonfire
- Plantation Tour
- Bird Watching
- Nature Walk
- Wild Life Watch - Spot Hares, Wild Hen, Peacock and much more
Extra charge applicable for the below activities Please intimate us about your requirements in advance.
- White Water Kayaking - 7 kms on river Bhadra (Season - November to May end)
- Still water kayaking - fun kayaking on river Bhadra -1 hr to 2 hrs (Families and kids can participate)
- Bhadra Reserve Forest Trekking with the assistance of a Government Official
- Swimming (in the Bhadra River ) with the assistance of a life guard
- Coracle ride - all year round
- Muthodi Forest Reserve / Wild Life Sanctuary - 45 kms
- Kigga Falls - 50 kms away
- Sringeri Temple - 35 kms
- Kandya Temple - 3kms
- Bababundangiri Caves - 80 kms
- Kemmangundi - 90 kms
The above excursions can be arranged at an extra cost.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROPERTY ARE AS BELOW:
- Unique Log Cabins and Cottages.
- On the banks of River Bhadra
- Recreation - Trekking, Boating, Kayaking, Fishing …
- Excursions – Sringeri Temple, Kandya Temple and many more
- Yummy food – delicacies you’ll simply relish!
- TV in every cottage.
- 24-hour hot water.
- Mobile connectivity.
Rates are quoted in Indian Rupees on per person / per night basis.
Minimum two nights stay applicable on weekends.
TARIFF FOR THE COTTAGES:
Cottage type Tariff Rate
Log house INR 4000 per pax
Glass House INR 4000 per pax
Areca Cottage INR 4000 per pax
Mud House INR 4000 per pax
Tent House INR 4000 per pax
PACKAGE INCLUDES: Tariff: Per Pax/Per Night in INR.
1. Welcome Drink.
2. Accommodation, Breakfast, Lunch, High Tea/Snacks & Dinner (Buffet).
3. Access to indoor Games-Dart Board, Chess, Carom Board, and Table Tennis.
4. Nature Walk.
5. Plantation tour.
6. Campfire(Subject to the weather condition).
Meal plan is inclusive of Lunch on Check in day, Evening Tea/Coffee with Snacks, Dinner and Breakfast on Check out day.
If accompanied by a Driver there will be an additional charge Rs. 500/- Per Night for Food & Accommodation.
Extra charge applicable for the below recreation:
1) Boating can be arranged at a cost of INR. 150/- Per Pax(Subject to weather conditions)
2) Coracle Ride can be arranged at a cost of INR. 100/- Per Pax(Subject to weather conditions).
3) Forest Trekking under the guidance of a forest guard can be arranged at a cost of INR. 175/- Per Pax(Subject to weather conditions)
4) Kayaking rafting can be arranged at a cost of INR. 1000/- Per Pax(Subject to weather conditions).
5) Water Rafting can be arranged at Balehole at a cost of INR. 1200/- Per Pax(Subject to weather conditions).
- Two children below 05 years old, sharing parent's room with existing bed can stay free of charge including all meals.
- Children above 05 years will be charged Rs.2000 per child / per night inclusive of all meals & extra bed.
TYPES OF COTTAGES:
- Tent House: Built on a raised platform gives a fantastic view of the Bhadra River. The walls & the ceiling of the tent are made of canvas. It is covered with a roof of hay keeping it cool at all times. It has an attached washroom.
- Glass House: This category is designed out of a combination of wood & glass. It has an attached washroom. It has a sit-out with chairs and hammock overlooking the Bhadra River and is surrounded with greenery.
- Log houses: This category is designed out of wood, this room is spacious than other categories. To meet the need of large groups, each cottage is provided with two independent washrooms. The cottages are mounted at first floor level with balconies overlooking the river and is surrounded with greenery.
- Mud houses: Structure is made of mud & stone and roof being made of wood and coconut palm, keeps the cottage pleasantly cool throughout the year. Walls are painted with the beautiful pictures giving it a feel of ancient houses but with modern amenities. It is provided with two independent washrooms.
- Den Cottage: Den is a newly constructed spacious cottage specially designed for bachelors. It has got two independent washrooms. It is just 20 yards from the river.
Cancellation Charge to be levied
< 7 days
No cancellation charge
> 7 days up to 48 hours
50% of booking amount
> 48 hours – No show
100% of booking amount
NO AMENDMENT OR CANCELLATION ALLOWED DURING ALL FESTIVAL HOLIDAYS AND BETWEEN 21ST DECEMBER TO 2ND OF JANUARY.