Karnataka has a long list of homestays known for hospitality services that we all love to experience during our holidays. Recent lockdown for Covid 19 has made domestic travellers inaccessible to these homestays. As the government relaxed lockdown norms with guidelines for homestays they have slowly started opening up for guests. There is a new environment for both the staff & visiting guests at Karnataka homestays listed under Travel Malnad®. The need of the hour is to respect the new protocols to make sure it’s a safe atmosphere free of virus for the guests. Keeping this reality in mind state government has also chalked out detailed SOPs for homestays owners.
It might sound little restrictive compared to the carefree travel world used to offer in our previous visits to these same destinations. It will be a necessity way forward to have a safe surroundings at your holiday location. Local authorities are not leaving any stone unturned to have a clarity as to how the homestays operate responsibly as they are mostly in rural / remote locations. Stopping the spread of virus to rural India is a responsibility of all stake holders of tourism industry.
Some of the quick guidelines you as an owner of a homestay in Karnataka must know and adhere to are as follows:
- Thermal screening of all guests who enter your premises
- Hand Sanitizers and Hand wash facility at all common areas and in-room
- All staff and guests must adhere to Social Distancing
- No staff should be allowed from containment zone
- Thorough sanitization of rooms before giving to guests and after they check out
- Food served as buffet and contactless
- Hand gloves and head gear along with masks for staff serving at your place.
- Masks mandatory for all guests
Together we can stop the spread of virus.